Customer Maintenance is Also Our Business!
Customer Maintenance by Thom Marshall <> Marshalls Automotive invests tremendous time and marketing dollars in Customer Maintenance.
We consider that our customers require personal customer maintenance just as much as their cars do when they come to us for service and repairs or for our sourcing services.
The single most important item that sets us above all other auto repair businesses’ is our ability to individualize our customers and properly maintain them.
Not only is this the job of the owners and service writers; it is the job of each technician, the shuttle drivers, and the car detailers, the bookkeeper, the parts manager, the shop foreman, every employee of Marshalls Automotive to MAINTAIN CUSTOMERS!
We accomplish “Customer Maintenance” by simply performing the following tasks, and performing them very well:
- Make sure that we Don’t overlook anything!
- Did we resolve the reason the customer came to see us in the first place! We always check this and make sure that we do.
- Address All of the customer’s concerns. Write it down, be sure not to overlook what is important to the customer! Be very sure not to overlook what is important to the customer.
- Put everything back, and put it back together correctly.
- All external parts and trims are reinstalled (splash shields, engine covers, wheel covers, wheel locks, etc.) (Owners manuals are back in the glove box, repair orders are correct, etc.)
- New oil stickers placed on the windshield
- Windows and Windshields are cleaned inside and out, no fingerprints, no smudges, no streaks or water spots.
- Look – Look – Look!, and Pay Attention!
- Always, Always, Always be Upbeat with the customers, try to make all communications enjoyable.
- Remember, not to take anything they say personally. There are usually other circumstances taking place within a person’s day that can affect his decision-making or his personality at the moment.
- Listen to customers. Take time to pay close attention to both what they say and what they do!
- Always ask the customer when they drop off their car, during the sale of repairs and when they pick up their cars after the repairs are completed; “Is, there anything else we can do for you? Have we addressed everything?”
OUR GOALS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS:
- CUSTOMERS NEED TO FEEL IMPORTANT BECAUSE THEY ARE!
- CUSTOMERS NEED TO HAVE A “WOW!!!” EXPERIENCE BECAUSE THEY SHOULD!